Monday, January 3, 2011

Bridging the Wellness Gap

Most of us can read the writing on the wall; we just assume it's addressed to someone else.  ~Ivern Ball

 I stepped on the scale this morning for the first time in a month.  Must to my chagrin, there were seven more digits on the results that blinked back to me than the last time I checked.  I wasn't surprised.  I spent the month of December eating like it didn't count.  Life was too busy to attend classes at PR and cookies became a food group all to themselves.  All month I was reading the writing on the wall.  There was always a reason to neglect my health.  Too busy, too stressed, too sick, or just enjoying the season.  The season has ended.  


Many life issues are relatable to my expanding waistline.  It has always been much easier for me to assume the writing on the wall is about my husband, my children, Autism, my stressful job, bills, or anything else that can be imagined.  My power lies in learning that the words on the wall are addressed to me and have nothing to do with life circumstances either good or bad.


I am so excited to begin the BTWG journey and hopeful that it is time for me to learn to find my power.



2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I can't wait to watch you all change and grow as a result of this. I think you're all amazing!!

    ReplyDelete